Studio / Shipping Clerk
Overview: We are looking for a shipping/administration position at our fast-growing company that lives and breathes creativity. Our products and designs have appeared in movies, books, boutiques, museum stores, memes, and everywhere in between. Located in North Hollywood, The Mincing Mockingbird has been artist-owned since its inception in 2007. If you are hardworking, trustworthy, and detail-oriented, we want you to join our team. Experience in shipping is an absolute necessity.
Position Reports to: Shipping Supervisor
Purpose of Position: Accurately picking, packing, and shipping product; filing, data entry, inventory assistance, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Accurately picking items from a large and diverse inventory
• Carefully packaging orders for shipment
• Meet daily goals to get orders shipped on time to customers all over the world
• Ability to work with staff to control inventory levels
• Executing manual preparation tasks (folding boxes, applying labels)
• Maintain a clean, neat, orderly, and safe work area at all times
• Sort and place inventory according to predetermined inventory procedures
• Replenish stock from back-up locations as needed
• General filing and label making
• Data/order entry
• Experience in a Shipping department (preferably using ShipStation)
• Ability to navigate and operate in a fast-paced, physically active environment
• Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 35 pounds
• Must be able to use a ladder
• Familiar with inventory management systems
• Experience with ecommerce systems (Shopify, Shipstation, etc.)
• Interpersonal skills are essential, teamwork is vital to a successful department
• Personal accountability and integrity are paramount, as a studio/shipping clerk is tasked with an accurate accounting of all inventory and shipments
• Computer literacy (Mac a plus)
• High attention to detail
• Operate with a sense of urgency in a fast paced environment
• Teamwork skills/work well with others
• Reliable transportation
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation includes an hourly wage commensurate with experience, participation in group health and dental insurance plans upon eligibility, generous employer match in a company sponsored 401(k) plan, as well as PTO after one year of employment. Election day and Juneteenth off with pay.
3 references are required when sending in a resume.
Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
First interview will be conducted via Zoom.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com. Resumes with a cover letter will receive extra attention.